Sunday 6 July 2014

Rachel Shirley Book Talk with BBC Radio Coventry and Warwickshire

I am most excited about a book talk I will be hosting at Coventry Central Library that will be preceded by a radio interview with Phil Upton of BBC Radio.

Rachel Shirley Book Talk at Coventry Central Library 

Rachel Shirley Interview
with BBC Radio Coventry
My book talk is to take place at Coventry Library on Tuesday 8 July at 10.30am. BBC Radio Coventry will mention the event on the morning prior to the event.

Rachel Shirley Talk about Paintings at Coventry 

The book talk will really be in two parts, the first being about my art instruction books. I will show the audience examples of the troubleshooting guides I have been writing to help students with their creative pursuits, such as Why do My Ellipses Look Like Doughnuts? And Why do My Landscapes Look Like Cotton Wool? Original artwork will be on display for people to look at, and I will have copies of my first art instruction book published, entitled, Oil Paintings from your Garden, at only £2 each.

Rachel Shirley Book Talk and Book Signings at Coventry

The second part of this talk will comprise the psychological thrillers that I write under a pseudonym, Charles J Harwood. I will talk a little about how I got into writing and also read an excerpt from one of my thrillers, Falling Awake. After a break I can answer questions the audience can pose me, but will post any on my blog that I am unable to answer at that time.

My thrillers are £6 each (cheaper than Amazon) and all will be signed. If there is time, I will relate on my personal experiences of book publishing. I am looking forward to the author event, and also the chat with Phil the preceding evening. Hopefully, I will remember my lines and get the word about! See you there.

No comments: